What does this mean? How will this work? Is this even possible?
Well here is the plan:
- I will not spend any money on new items this year (but I won't refuse gifts from others, because that would just not be nice).
- If there is something I need, I will get it used or make it myself (so, as much as I love Goodwill, there will be no shopping trips just to browse).
- If, for some reason, there is really no other way to purchase something used (or if it would be really disgusting to -- i.e. underwear), I will only buy a needed item that has been made in the USA. More on the reasons for this later.
Of course every good goal has one or two exceptions, and here are mine. These are the things I will be purchasing new this year:
- Food (Yeah, going to need some of that).
- Toilet paper (Because, eew).
- Essential toiletries (Used toothbrush? No thank you).
- Medicines and other things my doctor may prescribe.
- Socks and undergarments (but only ones made in the USA).
Alright, this post is long enough, so I'll end here. I'm actually really excited for my "buy nothing new" year. Tomorrow I'll write more about my reasons for doing this, but for now -- Happy New Year! I hope you (Lisa, my only reader) have a fabulous day.